It’s the New Year, so time for some New Year’s resolutions. According to the American Heart Association, making a couple of small changes and sticking to them is easier to achieve than making several big changes at once. Here are some ideas to consider for your 2024 health and wellness goals:
- Increase the amount of exercise you do. Even a few minutes a day can have health benefits.
- Eat more fruits and non-starchy vegetables.
- Get enough sleep. Aim for 8 hours per day.
- Drink more water and fewer sugary and caffeinated drinks.
- Quit smoking.
- Find something that helps you manage stress, whether it is meditation, walking, listening to music, or connecting with friends.
- Get a physical and a dental exam.
- Cut back on alcohol.